Pages

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Woman Set On Fire In 'Ku Klux Klan' Attack


A Louisiana woman found with burns over more than half her body has said she was set on fire in a racist attack.
 Woman Set On Fire In 'Ku Klux Klan' Attack
The 20-year-old black woman told police three men also wrote the initials KKK - an apparent reference to the Ku Klux Klan - and a racial slur on her car. Sharmeka Moffitt said the men doused her in a flammable liquid and set her alight in a park in Winnsboro, a town in Franklin Parish. She had already put out the flames when police found her on Sunday night.


Her family said she was attacked while exercising alone. Sharmeka's mother Edna Moffitt told a news conference she was due to undergo surgery later. "They want to take the dead skin off and place other skin there if they can," she said. "I have no idea who did it ... I want them to pay for what they did to her." Louisiana State Police spokeswoman Lieutenant Julie Lewis said in her emergency call, Ms Moffitt described her attackers as three men wearing white hoods or hats. She later told a Winnsboro police officer who responded to the call that the men were wearing white hoodies. She was unable to say what race her attackers were.

The FBI is investigating the alleged attack as a possible hate crime. Franklin Parish Sheriff Kevin Cobb said: "This is a horrific event for our community. "It makes everyone uneasy. It is our hope that everyone stands together at this time, and follow the information that is gathered, follow the facts, follow the evidence and hopefully that will lead us to justice in this case."


Yahoo News
Please share

2 comments:

  1. Hey there would you mind stating which blog platform you're working with? I'm planning
    to start my own blog soon but I'm having a hard time deciding between BlogEngine/Wordpress/B2evolution and Drupal. The reason I ask is because your design seems different then most blogs and I'm looking
    for something completely unique.
    P.S Apologies for being off-topic but I had to ask!
    Also see my website - youtube.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I use google blogger. I guess it is very reliable as it has been serving me

      Delete