Pages

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

7-year-old 'Mozart' girl composes her own opera


A seven-year-old girl in UK has become a classical music sensation after composing her own version of a coveted opera. Alma Deutscher is not only an accomplished composer, she is also a skilled violinist and pianist and her first major composition has been highly commended by the English National Opera. Deutscher started composing by the time she was five and wrote a sonata at the age six followed by her opera, the 'Daily Mail' reported.



Videos of her work have been viewed more than 300,000 times since her father shared them on Youtube - and her abilities have led to comparisons with Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, who by five had mastered the keyboard and violin and started composing. Alma wrote her own opera, The Sweeper of Dreams, this year. "The music comes to me when I'm relaxing. I go and sit down on a seat or lie down. I like thinking about fairies a lot, and princesses, and beautiful dresses," Alma said. She added that her best compositions are created when she is on the swing in the garden at her home.

The idea for The Sweeper of Dreams came in a dream. "Mozart composed this piece in my dream and when I got up, I sat down and played it and my father recorded it," she said.


Times of India
Please share

No comments:

Post a Comment