- You can use plastic teethers – it is more effective if they are cold as they have better effect on the baby’s gums
- Teething gel – this can easily be bought at pharmacy stores, and you don’t require prescription for that. Make sure that you buy from a reputable pharmacy to avoid fake products that may be harmful to your baby
- Some people also may prefer the use of teething powder – this most times provides an immediate but temporary relieve from the pain. As in the case of teething gel, make sure you get your teething powder from a reputable pharmacy, and seek the advise of your paediatrician before administering any medication
- Freeze some vegetable stalks like carrot and cumber and give to your baby when that teething pain kicks in – it could do some magic
- Where the pain becomes unbearable and has the tendency to develop to a fever, you could use paracetamol suspension – make sure you purchase from a reputable pharmacy and always check the expiry dates and dosage
Tuesday, July 24, 2012
Tips on Relieving Babys’ Teething Problems
As a parent it is always a joyous moment when our babies start sprouting their first set of teeth. The joy knows no bounds especially when it comes at the expected time. However, this joy is immediately replaced by the worries of pains associated with teething in babies. Not all children are subjected to this pain, but majority are. These tips are purposed to help relieve the pains for your baby.